The population is multicultural and multi-ethnic and domestic food manufacturers take this into account; just over 60% of the Malaysian population is Muslim (61.3% in 2010) and the majority of domestically produced foods are halal in nature. There is a growing market for convenience foods and an increasing number of working women who might be the ideal consumer base for prepared baby meals, in fact the great bulk of baby food sales are of milks, with dehydrated cereals a growing, but much smaller category.
– Despite government encouragement, breastfeeding rates in Malaysia remain low. The mothers of older babies thus offer a huge potential market for follow-on and growing-up baby milks and have been targeted accordingly by manufacturers.
– Growing-up milk has been the major growth area, and now accounts for over half of market value and 62% of volume. As it is relatively unaffected by increased levels of breastfeeding.
– Usage of baby meals is confined to the more prosperous sections of the urban population, with few meals stocked by retailers outside the major conurbations. Per capita levels for baby meals remain marginal.
– Meals will be the best performing sector in volume terms, with consumption rising by 36% over the forecast period, although the market will remain extremely small by international standards.
– The Other baby food category continues to consist mainly of rusks and baby biscuits. Rusks continue to be popular and are marketed in plain and in fruit-flavored varieties, with rusks for teething infants.
Request Sample Copy @ https://www.premiummarketinsights.com/sample/GD00007356
Top Key Players of this Report
Danone Dumex (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
Nestl? (Malaysia) Bhd
Dutch Lady Milk Industries Bhd (FrieslandCampina)
Mead Johnson Nutrition (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
Fonterra Brands Malaysia Sdn Bhd
Abbott (M) Sdn Bhd
Snow Foods Sdn Bhd
PT Kalbe Farma
What else does this report offer-
– Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
– Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
– Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
– Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
– Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons to buy
– Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
– Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
– Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
– Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Place Direct Purchase order For Complete report – https://www.premiummarketinsights.com/buy/GD00007356
Table of Contents
Baby Cereals & Dry Meals
Others Baby Foods
Production and trade
About Premium Market Insights:
Premium Market Insights is a one stop shop of market research reports and solutions to various companies across the globe. We help our clients in their decision support system by helping them choose most relevant and cost effective research reports and solutions from various publishers. We provide best in class customer service and our customer support team is always available to help you on your research queries. Our commitment to customer service is best exemplified by free analyst support that we offer to our clients which sets us apart from any other provider. We also offer enterprise subscriptions which provide significant cost savings to our clients.
Name: Sameer Joshi
Organization: Premium Market Insights